My latest photo tour has just been announced - Tasmania for eight days, early next year (March 16 -23, 2012). Here's a bit about it copied off the organiser's website, (www.academytravel.com.au):
"The concept behind this photo tour is to provide our clients with the best of both worlds: a memorable travel experience in Tasmania plus great memories in the shape of fabulous pictures once the tour is completed.
Your tour leader, Robin Nichols, has more than 30 years experience behind a camera, and more than ten years experience teaching students from all levels and walks of life, so you can be sure that you'll come away with a broader understanding of the photographic processes. The locations we visit present a unique set of photographic challenges so there are plenty of opportunities to pick up new shooting skills. Many of the evenings are spent discussing the results of the day's shooting as well as how to best post-process the images so you'll never be short of ideas, or inspiration.
As the tour progresses Robin will monitor your photographic results carefully, while providing specific tuition on subjects such as shooting macro, working with long exposures, using special effect filters, tripods, shooting video, night photography, and much more.
Two evenings have been set aside specifically for group photo critiques. These are both great fun while providing an ideal opportunity to swap ideas and techniques with your fellow travellers. All in all a photo tour is one of the most effective and enjoyable ways to learn, and master, the craft of picture making.
- Seven days of expert photography tuition with Robin Nichols including one-on-one tutorials
- A visit to the unique MONA art gallery including wine tasting
- Full day Bruny Island wildlife adventure cruise
- Photographing around the Port Arthur historic site
- Cruising Macquarie Harbour and Gordon River in the shadow of the mighty Huon Pine
- Photographing the pristine environment of Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake"